Most of us are familiar with the usual customary job interviews where a candidate meets a recruiter or a potential employer face-to-face in their offices. Nowadays, corporations are embracing video interviews in their recruiting processes in order to improve and quickly connect with their candidates. A one-way video interview is commonly used to improve efficiencies by companies through their initial screening stage of the interview procedure.
Video interviews are usually in two categories: 1. Live real-time video call and 2. Pre-recorded (one-way or also known as asynchronous). While live interviews can certainly help get rid of much hurdles like inter and intracity travel, candidate and interviewer schedule suitability etc, one-way video interviews or automated interviews are even a better approach for both parties.
What Is a One-Way Video Interview?
The purpose of a one-way video is to ensure that a maximum number of candidates (could be even in thousands) are screened using a video interviewing platform at the same time without any hurdles of suitable schedules or travel, thus bringing in efficiencies within the recruiting process. Using such platforms, a recruiter can create pre-screening questions suitable for various jobs or skills and further request the candidates to respond via the same video interviewing platform within a specific timeline. The candidates can further take these interviews from any location using mobile or a computer as long as they have internet connectivity. The candidate responses are recorded and
archived on a secure cloud server that could be retrieved by the recruiter to further evaluate and rate the candidates. This further builds a curated candidate database that is screened, assessed and ready to be shared with the Hiring Managers.
Advantages of a One-Way Video Interview to the Recruiter
1. Increased Efficiency: One-Way Video Interviews reduce all the preliminary manpower hours in conducting and scheduling ordinary interviews or live video interviews. Thousands of candidates can be pre-screened without duplicating the recruiter effort with a click of a button
2. Quick Feedback: Candidate video interviews can be quickly reviewed as these are pre-recorded, thus providing an opportunity for the recruiters to quickly assess them on basis of the responses provided by each pre-screening question. Within no time, the recruiters will be able to watch multiple interviews and assess candidates who could be moved to the next level of interview. This saves time for both candidates and recruiters.
3. Anonymity: The recruiter/human resource body is not revealed, so they will cut down also on calls from applicants checking in. Once the candidate is assessed, the feedback is auto-shared with the candidates through the system notifications.
4. Walk-In Interviews or Events: One-way video interviews also eliminate the so called “Walk-In Interview”, thus saving time and efforts of both recruiters and candidates. In a typical Walk-In interview, the candidates are made to wait and have an overall impact on the brand. Automated interviews can help eliminate the above mentioned efforts and also provide a good candidate experience.
5. Database: Over a period of time, the automated interviews also build a robust candidate database that is not just a set of resumes, but a curated, screened and assessed set of video resumes of the candidates. This also ensures that any mal-practices including fake candidates are eliminated from the recruiting process ensuring an efficient process. This also helps the recruiters take a right call on whom to invite for the next round of interviews, that also saves time for the Hiring Managers. This further leads to increased efficiencies and fill ratios. The created database could be searched at any given point of time using various search parameters.